Mouthwashes are used as oral hygiene products in addition to brushing and flossing. Read below for description on some of the important ones. Clohex ADS - contains chlorhexidine and helps in gum infections, bad breath etc. Rexidin plus - contains triclosan as active ingredient. Helps in cases of severe gum infections, bad breath etc. Use only when recommended. Clohex -heal - contains hyaluronic acid. Indicated in post surgeries like after extractions, delayed wound healing etc. Senquel AD - indicated in sensitive teeth. Povidone-iodine gargle- used in oral infections like pharyngitis, tonsillitis, bad breath, infected wounds etc. Visit your dentist for further details. 🙂
Here we go with the top dental myths ..
1) Brushing harder cleans better - NO, it's not how hard you brush. You should brush properly not hard. Visit your dentist for knowing the proper method of brushing.
2) Charcoal toothpaste is better - No, most of them cause sensitivity.
3) Baby teeth don't matter- they are equally important as permanent teeth. Bad milk teeth lead to poor quality of adult teeth,etc.
4) Braces are only for young - modern orthodontics doesn't depend on age of the patient
5) Professional cleaning causes sensitivity- Scaling by a dentist is recommended bi-annually. Yes..
6) Teeth removal affects eyes/vision - Ok, so u mean people with impaired vision or defective sight face teeth problems too?? . Teeth removal doesn't affect your eyes at all.
Let's talk about the most important part of dental treatment. Maintenance visits or follow-up visits are based on individual risk assessment. It varies for each patient. In simple words, once your root canal treatment or laser gum treatment or an implant placement is done, it's not the end of the treatment. You need to visit your dentist again after few months to know about the level of your oral hygiene maintenance, the outcome of the treatment, any diseases which might affect the treatment, and to assess any complications or failures. The periodic visits are scheduled by the dentist only. So, next time ask your dentist about follow-up visits and donot miss them 🙂